Fabulous Females

That's what this site is for: a place to gather all of the ideas and observations of real women living out the drama of single life in a world of "hooking up" and "putting out." If you'd like to become a poster, just give us your email address in a comment so we can invite you in! This is a non-discriminatory place to air out your feelings, so please be constructive! We also welcome men to post insight, comments, and advice on today's culture between males and females.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Male Pals

Last night I had a much overdue phone conversation with my old Grove City pal Mike Dhonau. We had some great times back in school, watching Joe Millionaire and Kodomo No Omocha. Early mornings at Eat'nPark. A slightly inebriated 21st birthday party (for him). Then, a nice chat and DVD codec software help from Jared - who's now a theology/divinity student at Duke. It really made me miss my friends. Not many guys measure up to the ones I have in my life, even if they are all on the other side of the country.
Now, I have seen When Harry Met Sally. I know all about the whole "men and women can't be friends" deal... and that "the sex always gets in the way." In some sense, I think that's true. When I know a guy who's single, I can't help but wonder all the what if's. However, I think that men have a lot to offer women on the friendship side. They have qualities and traits that one just doesn't get from female relationships. Good male friends can help us to see what a man with integrity, masculinity, and Godliness... looks like.
I do not have contact with any of the guys I've been involved with romantically. For me, those relations all broke up abruptly, with a lot of pain and hurt. We just can't keep in touch anymore due to those circumstances. When it comes to the great guys I am friends with, I'm glad they didn't fall into that category. Sometimes, I think, it IS better to "just be friends." You don't have to worry about having that awkward change that comes from breaking up with someone of the opposite sex.
No, I'm not saying that you shouldn't risk a friendship for more than that. But in my case, I just haven't felt a mutual spark with guy friends. All of mine, I'm so grateful to have them in my life. Even the married men I work with contribute to my being in a positive way. As for the single friends, they are totally awesome! Though they might not be right for me, I would gladly want them to date my female friends.
The guys I know are a part of who I am. They've helped me to become a better woman of God and value myself. They've taught me what to look for in a man. They're a blast to be around, and don't follow me to the restroom at restaurants. So to all the guys I'm friends with, Thank You!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home