Fabulous Females

That's what this site is for: a place to gather all of the ideas and observations of real women living out the drama of single life in a world of "hooking up" and "putting out." If you'd like to become a poster, just give us your email address in a comment so we can invite you in! This is a non-discriminatory place to air out your feelings, so please be constructive! We also welcome men to post insight, comments, and advice on today's culture between males and females.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

mea culpa

I don't think the pills are working right.

For the past few weeks now, I've been in a black mood. I've felt edgy, irritable, generally pissed off. I'm beginning to wonder if it's chemical and it's time to recheck the meds...yet again. This will necessitate a long drive up to Ann Arbor for decent medical care, given my heinous track record with the doctors around where I live. But oh well. Health is worth it.

But it's not like I don't have control over how I act -- how often have I said that action matters more than emotion? -- and I've been letting myself yield to the ugliness instead of overcoming it with good.

Mainly I'm writing this to a.) ask for prayer; God knows I need it, and b.) state publicly that I've been out of line the past few weeks with my harsh responses to other people[particularly David]'s comments. There's a way to disagree diplomatically, with Christlike consideration and maturity, and a way to disagree nastily and judgmentally, with an eye on being rude. I've been doing the latter lately. And I've been wrong.

The rest of you, my dears, have been much better at it than I have. I'm glad you've been a balancing act to my reactivity.

Please do pray, though. I'm getting tired of myself. And as I have a high tolerance for me, and it's worn thin, I can't imagine how icky I'm being to everyone else.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:42 AM, March 26, 2008, Blogger none said…

    Absolutely, I will pray for you. If you need to talk, you call me anytime, okay? I walked by the Randolph St. station downtown yesterday and was thinking of you, and how I wish I had time for a visit.

     
  • At 2:01 PM, March 26, 2008, Blogger The Prufroquette said…

    Oh, how I wish you did too. :) And my little house is so cute!

    I'll have to plan a trip up to the Windy City. Someday when (har) you aren't quite as swamped, and (har) I'm not quite as poor.

     
  • At 5:34 PM, March 26, 2008, Blogger la persona said…

    Dear Sarah, I will keep you in my prayers.

    As someone who has suffered/still suffers from depression myself, you have my utmost sympathy. At the same time -- and I know this is the worst thing someone can possibly do in low moments like this -- is to share with you something that has helped me: Running. Outside. It's not a substitute or panacea, but over time the stress relief, the sun, and the good hormones do wonders both in spirit and biochemistry. And if you take a friend along, there's companionship too. I couldn't possibly handle the pressures of my current life without this simple measure.

    And I just so want you to be well.

    Take care, okay?
    -J

     
  • At 7:24 PM, March 27, 2008, Blogger la persona said…

    fyi, the feature column in ct speaks openly about depression this week ...

    http://www.christianitytoday.com/singles/newsletter/

     
  • At 1:10 AM, April 03, 2008, Blogger Dawn said…

    Hope you feel better....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home