Fabulous Females

That's what this site is for: a place to gather all of the ideas and observations of real women living out the drama of single life in a world of "hooking up" and "putting out." If you'd like to become a poster, just give us your email address in a comment so we can invite you in! This is a non-discriminatory place to air out your feelings, so please be constructive! We also welcome men to post insight, comments, and advice on today's culture between males and females.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

A Husband and Babies

So ladies, the last time we spoke, I announced that I wanted a boyfriend. I still haven’t found him, but then again, I never lost him, lol. Anyhow, this feeling has intensified and I even modifyied my list: committed, romantic, chivalrous, honest, respectful, hard working, ambitious, intelligent, financially secure, attractive, sexy, handy, confident, mature, fashionable, and a sexual prowess. Did I miss anything?

I have always been an independent lady so I was alarmed when I started to feel this overwhelming need for a boyfriend. After analyzing my emotions I figured that this was attributed to me graduating law school in a few months. I’ve always had a plan for my life: graduate law school, start an amazing career that is both financially and emotionally rewarding, marry a wonderful man, have beautiful, healthy babies, and live happily ever after, to sum it up. I guess with graduation right around the corner I am starting to implement my other goals, i.e. husband and babies. Why do we do this to ourselves?

4 Comments:

  • At 4:13 PM, August 31, 2006, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Because we're gluttons for punishment???

     
  • At 4:17 PM, August 31, 2006, Blogger Marianne said…

    Because we're used to working hard to achieve our goals and we've never failed at anything yet?

    My first reaction was: oh no! Not you, too!

    What can I say? I've already conquered grad school (sure, just pesky comps and a dissertation left to get through), and I feel like planning a wedding and having roaring good arguments over whose parents to visit for Christmas would be a fun new challenge...
    Too bad all the guys I know are stuck in perpetual adolescence, and I'm "scary."

     
  • At 9:01 PM, August 31, 2006, Blogger The Prufroquette said…

    Hahahahaha, I HATE being "scary."

    When is the guy going to come along who realizes that my strength, self-assurance, and great sense of fun aren't indictments on his masculinity, but brilliant complements?

     
  • At 1:58 PM, September 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    because maybe it's not your time for a relationship. singleness can be a blessing too- particularly if God is calling you to go to professional school.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home