Fabulous Females

That's what this site is for: a place to gather all of the ideas and observations of real women living out the drama of single life in a world of "hooking up" and "putting out." If you'd like to become a poster, just give us your email address in a comment so we can invite you in! This is a non-discriminatory place to air out your feelings, so please be constructive! We also welcome men to post insight, comments, and advice on today's culture between males and females.

Friday, September 22, 2006

This Girl Wants To Have Fun

So I thought I was having a similar issue as The Science Girl. Recently, I’ve met some new people in the social realm. It’s been interesting.
In the process I’ve been hanging out with people I normally have not in the past, and honestly.. It’s refreshing.
Several guys have asked me out in the past month. None of them are Christian, or even involved in a church. So I went out with one of them a few weeks ago. Like Science Girl, I didn’t like this guy ‘like that.’ When we first met, I found him to be a bit too eager and overwhelming. As I thought about his offer for dinner, I simply ticked off the reasons why not to accept. It’s not the first time I’ve done this, but I’m really hoping it’s the last. A co-worker reminded me, that I was making judgments based on inaccurate information. After all, I really did not know much about this young man so why not at least take him up on getting to know him?
He called me from the airport to see if I wanted to get together. I was flattered that a guy wanted to have dinner with me after traveling all day instead of going home and crashing. This was also the first time I went out to eat with someone of the opposite sex at a restaurant that I actually really liked. Usually, I end up going along to some place where I tolerate the food. With my previous boyfriend, we were constantly doing things he wanted to do that I didn’t really enjoy. It was pretty one sided, and I didn’t feel like I had a voice. Never will that happen again.
While I drove home, I couldn’t get over the surprisingly pleasant experience. Sure, there’s still a chance the dude could be a serial killer or something... but he’s at least a decent date! He seems potentially flirtatious, and I really don’t do that. It bothers me when guys act like they’re single when their girlfriend’s not around. We’ll see if there’s more hanging out... The strange thing is how he’s kind of grown on me. I can safely say I do like him ‘like that’ now. Two weeks ago I was so sure I didn’t.
At this point, I’m not sure what will come out of this whole situation. I haven’t had much experience with relationships, and I am not sure what the point of dating is. Especially when you’re a Christian gal seeing non-Christian guys? Is it okay for a girl just to wanna have fun? (At least right now?)

3 Comments:

  • At 5:03 PM, September 22, 2006, Blogger Jennifer said…

    PS: While out with a girlfriend, I met a guy who wants to take me out when he gets back from field training. (He's in the Army) I don't know whether that will happen or not.

     
  • At 6:09 AM, September 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was enlisted in the Army for three years after high school. Later after college, I was an officer in the Army National Guard.

    I think I can safety say that the guy that asked you out has been thinking about you quite a bit during training. If you have his unit address or can find it out, I am sure he would appreciate a letter from you.

    When trainging in the field, you are fairly cut off from the rest of the world. If you do write a letter, mention items like what is happening with mutual friends, things that have been happening with you in your daily life, and items of interest in local and world news.

    From a 43 year old Christian husband of 22 years and a father of three.

     
  • At 5:42 PM, September 25, 2006, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Haha. Funny you should mention that. To be honest, I'm a tad turned off to military boys. Haven't had the most pleasant experiences with them... Not to mention the fact that they keep shooting the women in my city. (I'm not joking!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home