Fabulous Females

That's what this site is for: a place to gather all of the ideas and observations of real women living out the drama of single life in a world of "hooking up" and "putting out." If you'd like to become a poster, just give us your email address in a comment so we can invite you in! This is a non-discriminatory place to air out your feelings, so please be constructive! We also welcome men to post insight, comments, and advice on today's culture between males and females.

Monday, January 22, 2007

You are talking like a foolish woman.

If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster. - Asimov
Well, I was wrong.

If you're wondering what I'm talking about, skip back 2 posts. FWIW.

I've been reading The Sacred Romance and MAN has it been hitting me where I am right now. A bit more directly to Sarah's point...

The battles God calls us to, the woundings and cripplings of soul and body we all receive, cannot simply be ascribed to our sin and foolishness, or even to the sin and foolishness of others. When Jesus and the disciples were on the road one day, they came upon a man who had been blind since birth. "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents?" they asked him. "Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life." And with that, Jesus spat on the ground, made some mud to place on the man's eyes, and healed him (John 9:1-7).

Many of us who are reading these words have not yet received God's healing. The display of God's works through our wounds, losses, and sufferings is yet to be revealed. And so, we groan and we wonder.

I was reading this on the plane the other day and had a stark realization - I wasn't born at the time of Jesus because theses truths would have been lost on me more than they were on Peter.

And so...I groan. And I wonder.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home