Fabulous Females

That's what this site is for: a place to gather all of the ideas and observations of real women living out the drama of single life in a world of "hooking up" and "putting out." If you'd like to become a poster, just give us your email address in a comment so we can invite you in! This is a non-discriminatory place to air out your feelings, so please be constructive! We also welcome men to post insight, comments, and advice on today's culture between males and females.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Mr. Hopeful says Hello

Mr. Hopeful (aka adam) greets and salutes those I haven't already talked with through comments! I thought I'd tell you a little bit about myself and my journey as a means of introduction. I've found in my life as well as my art I can really only speak from personal experience - or that unique experience of life we all have; all different, and all meaningful.

While I have been a Christian my entire life - for most of it my faith has been a solitary pursuit. I've rarely had a faith community. This is primarily due to my chosen career - acting. I've had to drop out of countless small groups and bible studies for rehearsals and shows. 1 hour on Sunday mornings is not enough time to create deep, meaningful relationships :)

As far as dating and relationships go - I've recently experienced a re-awakening, thanks in part to this blog and others like it. I honestly didn't know there were other Christians out there thinking and struggling with the same kinds of things. I've had relationships in the past, but they've all developed organically out of multi-year friendships into something deeper. After my last girlfriend 6 years ago I swore it off for a while, and became a Purity Robottm.

It happened so slowly that I didn't know it was going on...but the slow closure of my heart affected more than my dating life. I'm a whole person with one heart, and what I do with it affects my whole being. I've been reading a lot about the heart, in the Bible and elsewhere. In the Psalms God is praised for "enlarging my heart" - but this is a two-sided coin. When the heart is enlarged, its capacity for love is increased, but also its capacity for suffering. I've felt and experienced more in the last 6 months in my emotional life than the rest of my 27 years put together, and I wouldn't trade that for the potatoes in Ireland.

So now I admit I'm discontent, and feel much more at peace. I'm lonely - and for the first time in a while, I don't feel guilty about that.

There's much more I could say, but I wanted to try and be brief :) And yes - I went on my first date in 6 years this last Saturday...but that's the subject for another post, once I process things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home