Fabulous Females

That's what this site is for: a place to gather all of the ideas and observations of real women living out the drama of single life in a world of "hooking up" and "putting out." If you'd like to become a poster, just give us your email address in a comment so we can invite you in! This is a non-discriminatory place to air out your feelings, so please be constructive! We also welcome men to post insight, comments, and advice on today's culture between males and females.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

1 Corinthians 7:8-9

Someone posted this on the Relevant Magazine message boards as a joke, and I thought it was hilarious:
Dear sir,
I am currently experiencing burning passion and feel it is biblically necessary for me to get married. Please help me in this area of my life, in Jesus' name, and take me out tonight.
Thank you.
the desperate girl next to you
It's an idea. :-p

4 Comments:

  • At 8:54 AM, January 30, 2007, Blogger Marianne said…

    Maybe I'll just start throwing that out there in conversation.
    "I am burning with passion...for a cider!"
    "It is better to marry than to...sunburn."
    "I am on fire with passion...for chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream! Want to go get some?"
    Do you think the Christian guy I kinda-sorta like might get the subliminal messaging?

     
  • At 9:03 AM, January 30, 2007, Blogger The Prufroquette said…

    Ooo, and with some Christian guys you can say, "With you, I feel predestined to...go see a movie"! And I like, "It is not good for man to be...hungry! Take me to dinner!"

     
  • At 9:52 AM, January 30, 2007, Blogger Marianne said…

    If I were to bring predestination into it, the fireworks would definitely begin! What have I been thinking, keeping things so free-will Armenian?

     
  • At 10:33 AM, January 30, 2007, Blogger none said…

    You guys have me choking back laughter here (I wouldn't bother choking it back except that I'm in a crowded study area).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home