Fabulous Females

That's what this site is for: a place to gather all of the ideas and observations of real women living out the drama of single life in a world of "hooking up" and "putting out." If you'd like to become a poster, just give us your email address in a comment so we can invite you in! This is a non-discriminatory place to air out your feelings, so please be constructive! We also welcome men to post insight, comments, and advice on today's culture between males and females.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Dating and Power

I haven't read the book myself, but I came across this quote on a friend's blog. Vincent spent 18 months disguised as a man: she dated women (she's a lesbian), worked a high-pressure sales job, went on a men's retreat, and joined an all-male bowling league.
Dating women as a man was a lesson in female power... I saw my own sex from the other side, and I disliked women irrationally for a while because of it. I disliked their superiority, their accusatory smiles, their entitlement to choose or dash me with a fingertip, an execution so lazy, so effortless, it made the defeats and the successes unbearably humiliating. Typical male power feels by comparison a blunt instrument, its salvos and field strategies laughably remedial next to the damage a woman can do with a single cutting word: "no."

Sex is most powerful in the mind, and to men, in the mind, women have a lot of power, not only to arouse, but to give worth, self-worth, meaning, initiation, sustenance, everything.

- Norah Vincent, writing about her experiences as an undercover man in Self-Made Man: One Woman's Journey into Manhood and Back
Thoughts? How true is this?

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 2:57 PM, March 08, 2007, Blogger Babba-Gi said…

    I guess, I'm a Lesbian too!

     
  • At 6:04 AM, March 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think if I were to turn into a woman overnight I too would be a Lesbian.

    The woman is right about women's treatment of men. They complain bitterly about respect but you earn repsect and I am sorry to say there are many many woman out there that never treat men with respect.
    No wonder modern man is learning to treat women more like objects of sexual pleasure than of objects to love and cherish.

     
  • At 7:49 AM, March 09, 2007, Blogger The Prufroquette said…

    The road runs both ways, bucko.

     
  • At 9:16 AM, March 09, 2007, Blogger Marianne said…

    I have all the power?
    Why didn't anyone tell me this sooner?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home