Fabulous Females

That's what this site is for: a place to gather all of the ideas and observations of real women living out the drama of single life in a world of "hooking up" and "putting out." If you'd like to become a poster, just give us your email address in a comment so we can invite you in! This is a non-discriminatory place to air out your feelings, so please be constructive! We also welcome men to post insight, comments, and advice on today's culture between males and females.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Taking Action

I'm not sure what's happening. Either I've gotten bolder in my actions, or I have gone completely insane. Whichever one though, I'm okay with it. At least it makes life interesting. Earlier this week, I saw a press release at work on this charity fundraiser the El Paso Fire Department does every year. Firefighters stand at busy intersections holding out their rubber boots, and drivers can simply drop the donations in them. To my shock and surprise, I found a very cute guy with his boot standing right next to my car at the red light. I smiled and dropped in a bill, still bewildered as to how I actually encountered an attractive male.
After driving off, I was regretting my lack of action. So what do I do? Call up MP, of course! She ordered me to "do something about it" and armed me with a good pep talk. So I went back to that corner and parked at a nearby video store. Since my dude in question was walking in and out of moving traffic, I approached another firefighter that was taking a break - asked him what the guys name was - then gave him my business card to give to John (the firefighter). Perhaps he'll make use of the digits and call me. Maybe he won't. Either way, it was a good step for me to be bold! Although I don't believe that should excuse guys from being real men, I was reminded by MP that we can help make our own destiny. It feels great not to have the "what if's" lingering in the back of my mind. Too often we encounter strangers that we don't talk to, and probably won't see again unless we create an opportunity. We won't meet people by sitting home alone watching Friends reruns, but by putting outselves out there and living life to the fullest. So that's what I'm doing!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:59 PM, December 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You know.

    Hookers do almost the same kind of thing.

     
  • At 7:00 PM, December 12, 2005, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Do WHAT "kind of thing"? Not date? I hardly see the connection between a girl actually meeting a guy that seems cool and a prostitute working the streets. Are you criticizing me for making an attempt to get to know someone? For trying to let a guy know I'm interested in him? From all the feedback I've ever gotten, guys think girls don't do that enough. You have no idea who the heck I am, and what my lifestyle is like. Although I'm glad to see some male readership on this blog, it is not very inspiring to think that there are boys (no, you're not a real man) that will make snarky remarks about a female like that. Please use your head before commenting on this forum again. Thank you.

     
  • At 7:07 PM, December 12, 2005, Blogger Marianne said…

    Tom,
    I am very disappointed in what you just said. I hope you'll apologize to Jen. She is my friend, accomplished, pure, and loving. She doesn't deserve this treatment from a brother in Christ.
    If you meant to tease, this didn't hit the mark.

     
  • At 10:48 AM, December 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, I'm a misogynist, remember?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home