Fabulous Females

That's what this site is for: a place to gather all of the ideas and observations of real women living out the drama of single life in a world of "hooking up" and "putting out." If you'd like to become a poster, just give us your email address in a comment so we can invite you in! This is a non-discriminatory place to air out your feelings, so please be constructive! We also welcome men to post insight, comments, and advice on today's culture between males and females.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Open For Interpretation

Every once in awhile, I catch an episode of the Gilmore Girls on ABC family. This is a clip from my favorite episode of the series titled 'You Jump, I Jump Jack.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw_5qm3gplQ

It's interesting that Rory starts off having a strictly practical view of Logan, until she discovers that his mystery and adventure.

"People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute. You climb up here with me -- it's one less minute you haven't lived." (This is what Logan says to Rory that entices her into a dangerous Mary Poppin-esque stunt)

It's taken me a few seasons to see why Rory fell for Logan. As I read in the book Captivating by Jon and Stasi Eldridge, women seek out this: unveiling beauty, having an irreplaceable role in a great adventure, and being romanced.

What is it about certain people that inevitably attracts us to them? We might not like them, in fact, we may despise them. But there's just something about this person that we can't get out of our mind. It drives us crazy, too.

Take for instance, Logan. His character is a wealthy, upper crust playboy. On paper, he doesn't seem to have depth and I'd seen episodes after You Jump, I Jump Jack and wondered to myself "What is she doing with him?" I didn't understand. After all, she'd passed up her first love Dean and sensitive thinker Marty for this blond Richie Rich. It wasn't until I saw that scene, that I got it. Logan brought Rory to life, made her truly feel alive and exhilerated her spirit.

Have you all met anyone who had that effect on you? Whether it be a stranger you met on an airplane, or your childhood best friend? An unforgettable soul... Whether you were warmly in love, had an instant spark, or struck up a platonic cameraderie... Someone who made you feel like you now knew the answers in life, and had a purpose for waking up in the morning.

For me, the closest I've come to that person is M. We first became friends toward the end of our freshman year of college. I remember our first real conversation. With our bags full of books and heavy coats on, we stood in the Gee at GCC and he pointed out a girl he had a crush on. Soon after, I began dating a friend of his. The first time I met my boyfriend-at-the-time's parents, M was there. My boyfriend's mother had told him that she thought M. and I got along better than he did with me. It was true.

We became better friends sophomore year, and I broke up with the boyfriend right after Christmas break. M. was really a great friend to me in the ugly aftermath. He and I would watch Who's The Boss in Ketler at midnight. We both attended a political conference and hung out, even going so far as taking goofy pictures of each other doing some very strange things. We got addicted to The Sims. After Valentine's Day, we went to Rite-Aid and loaded up on 75% off candy. How great is that? I recall countless random, crazy escapades. Some are too embarassing to tell. Of course, I fell for him. Who wouldn't? No, we never dated. He just didn't have feelings for me. And honestly, the fact that he didn't give me a chance made me realize that I want someone who's a risk taker.

So let's hear some stories...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home