Fabulous Females

That's what this site is for: a place to gather all of the ideas and observations of real women living out the drama of single life in a world of "hooking up" and "putting out." If you'd like to become a poster, just give us your email address in a comment so we can invite you in! This is a non-discriminatory place to air out your feelings, so please be constructive! We also welcome men to post insight, comments, and advice on today's culture between males and females.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

We're Far From Alone

Hey All!
The other day, Marianne sent me a link to a boundless blog, and I read this very interesting and reaffirming blog, and the more then 75 comments!!! made by other frustrated single Christians. It made me realize how many of us there really are. That's incredibly depressing.

http://www.boundlessline.org/2007/03/wheres_the_moti.html

You may notice my comment as "J" discussing my latest oddball situation at church. One other thing I observed was how many people are longing for a forum like this one. I posted the link to Fab Females as a comment, hopefully it will be successfully moderated. Hopefully some other folks like us will find their way over here. If you are a first-timer on this forum, enjoy and can relate to the posts, and would like to join... email me at j.l.steffen@gmail.com and I'll be happy to add you as a member.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:02 AM, March 25, 2007, Blogger Blackstone said…

    Hahaha, let's wallow together eh?

    I found this blog from the Boundless blog comments. For someone who's not searching yet, there's a bit too much drama here. But I'm sure I'll be in the thick of it soon enough. Best wishes.

     
  • At 7:14 AM, March 25, 2007, Blogger Adam the V said…

    Sheesh - those boundless posts tire me out. Good stuff - but I have to admit I didn't read all of the comments. I kinda fast-forwarded to yours. I'm sorry the guys at your chuch are kinda creepy - I can relate somewhat. The type I dread the most are the FrigidChurchGirls. There's too many of them!

    Inspired by fellow poster UrgentSound I typed up a CraigsList m4w post - mostly for fun. I'm going to post it later today and see what happens.

     
  • At 10:48 AM, March 25, 2007, Blogger Marianne said…

    Jen, can I make a request that in order to become a contributor to Fab Females, an interested person should post 2-3 thoughtfully, well-written comments under a pseudonym they plan to use?
    That way we can keep the "who in the world is that? and why did they think THIS would be a good forum for their thoughts?" drama to a minimum. (I'm thinking of our good buddy Fred, for one).

    And Blackstone, we created this blog in order NOT to wallow, but to constructively address common triumphs, failures, confusion, and hopes. The years between 21 and 30 can be far too isolating, and we hope that this crazy, pink compilation of thoughts and rants will help some people to grow, and reach out to the real people they see every day.
    And with that thought, I must rush off to meet a friend for a walk in the glorious sunshine.

     
  • At 4:46 PM, March 25, 2007, Blogger David said…

    Seconding Marianne's idea - don't need to be totally exclusive but let's have a person show that they can contribute in a positive manner before adding to the list.

    Also, Jen - can I strongly suggest editing your post and taking your *exact* email off of there? You could either add it as an html-link (directions on that are halfway down the page, here: http://personalweb.about.com/cs/beginninghtml/a/0201emaillinks.htm), or you could change it to "j.l.steffen at gmail dot com". If you leave it on there as is, it will easily be picked up by email ripper programs that scour the web for posted addresses, and you'll see your spam go way up.

     
  • At 7:08 PM, March 25, 2007, Blogger Adam the V said…

    I'll second Dave, Jen - email harvesters are getting smarter and smarter. The safest way is to upload an IMAGE of your email address.

     
  • At 5:57 PM, April 06, 2007, Blogger Jay said…

    And though this is my first comment, I think David, Marianne, and Adam are advocating a wise position. You have a good synergy here, and though you shouldn't be afraid to add people, you should also let them prove themselves.

    I'm one of the people who was alerted to this blog through the comment Jen left on the Boundless blog. I've spent several days (it's slow at work right now ;-) ) reading through the blog, and it's been inspiring. And part of a concerted effort God has been making to get through my guarded heart, but that's a story of a different sort.

    Thank you all for sharing your feelings and thoughts. No, you are not alone. And I now know that neither am I.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home