Fabulous Females

That's what this site is for: a place to gather all of the ideas and observations of real women living out the drama of single life in a world of "hooking up" and "putting out." If you'd like to become a poster, just give us your email address in a comment so we can invite you in! This is a non-discriminatory place to air out your feelings, so please be constructive! We also welcome men to post insight, comments, and advice on today's culture between males and females.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Noses

I have recently discovered a thing for noses.

I used to think noses were the oddest part of the human face. The eyes, the cheeks, the chin, the mouth, the forehead -- those all made sense, and could be beautiful. The nose was just funny. Why is there this vaguely pyramidal hunk of cartilage with two holes in it sitting on the front of my face? Granted, the face would look funnier without a nose (cf. Voldemort), but still...wasn't there a better functional ornamentation?

But now...oh, the attraction of a good nose. Particularly when it's just a little big. MP and I held a riotous and ridiculous conversation about the merit of the Founding Fathers' noses, as seen on the backs of bills and coins. (We like Thomas Jefferson best.) There's a guy I know who looks like a sculpted god in general, but his nose sets him bridge and nostrils above the regular crowd. His nose is almost a perfect isosceles triangle, straight, strong, and slightly large. It says, "I know what I want and I'm going after it and I'm going to get it." It's a manly nose.

I'm also drawn to crooked noses. Owen Wilson has a great nose, which has survived several breaks during rodeo rides or barrel racing or whatever you do in Texas. Another guy I know has a crooked, previously broken nose. It says, "I'm not afraid to get involved in action, even if it might break my face."

And the grown-up Edmund in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe has an incredible nose.

Now, I don't have "must have a big, straight/broken nose" on my mental list of qualities I want in a guy. I'll like his nose no matter what (unless it's a clown nose). But let me tell you, if he has a great nose, I'll notice.

What kinds of features grab your attention?

3 Comments:

  • At 10:34 AM, April 10, 2006, Blogger none said…

    ha ha ha. Noses. Wow. One of my sisters is really into eyebrows, so I guess you're not so strange. ;)

    Along with the usual eyes and smile, I like nice, strong-looking hands. And I'm also partial to dimples. And scruffy facial hair. And glasses, if those count. I suppose if you had to describe my type, it would be Clark Kent. Superman is a bit much, but his slightly dorkier persona is perfect.

     
  • At 6:20 PM, April 11, 2006, Blogger Abbie G said…

    My friend Tyler looks like Clark Kent. He doesn't have black hair, but he's got very strong facial features, including a great chin, and he's 6'4, and when you put him in a 1920s summer suit and hat, he's positively the handsomest thing around.

    Fortunately, I had already declared him just a friend when I realized that he looked like the Man of Steel, because I have a thing for superheroes - Wolverine, Spiderman, Batman (Christian Bale, thank you very, very much), Superman - I used to love Dean Cain in the Adventures of Lois and Clark - and now I'm a huge fan of Smallville and find Tom Welling pretty much perfect physically.

    dunno why you all needed to know that, but there ya go. huzzah.

     
  • At 8:16 PM, April 12, 2006, Blogger Jennifer said…

    I don't really have any one feature that sticks out to me. If I think he's attractive, I think he's attractive. It's more like a package deal than an a la carte selection. Personality plays a large part in whether I find a man handsome.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home