Fabulous Females

That's what this site is for: a place to gather all of the ideas and observations of real women living out the drama of single life in a world of "hooking up" and "putting out." If you'd like to become a poster, just give us your email address in a comment so we can invite you in! This is a non-discriminatory place to air out your feelings, so please be constructive! We also welcome men to post insight, comments, and advice on today's culture between males and females.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Jen's All-Night Adventure

This morning, I rolled back home around 4 a.m. after a farewell party for one of our show’s (former) anchors. We spent a few hours at this dive near work, Erin’s. It seemed like everybody from the local TV scene put in an appearance. I’m continuing in my quest to learn how to salsa dance with our receptionist, Cindy. A bunch of us hit the dance floor for some of the goofier songs like "Mickey" (Oh Mickey you’re so fine, you’re so fine you blow my mind - Hey Mickey!). and "Come On Eileen."

You know, I really feel at peace about the guy situation. In the past, I might have scanned the room for attractive young men in my age range. Last night, I just had a wonderful time and didn’t even look.

What I didn’t know was that throughout the evening, I managed to garner a few admirers totally obliviously. I first caught onto this when a guy I’d talked to for maybe two minutes began to trail me around the place. After closing, about 20 people went over to IHOP. This was good, because I was absolutely starving. Cleaned up an entire plate of pancakes, eggs, sausage, and bacon. Then I noticed that everyone got a bill except for the girl sitting across from me... and me. It turned out that this other guy, who wasn’t even sitting at our table... had paid for us.
I was thrown by that. It’s not the kind of thing that happens very often. Now, I must admit that I don’t think I’d go for the guy. I doubt he’s a Christian, and our lifestyles are probably vastly different. But you know what? I was totally flattered! Every once in awhile, it’s nice to know that somebody thinks of you like that.

Like Sarah, I am living an amazing life - loving and serving Jesus. Hanging with my church’s youth group ( I never knew how much I love high school age kids!) And being a good and loyal friend and employee. I’d like to think that He has plans for a future family for me... but I don’t know that. It’s not guaranteed.

At church last weekend, I heard a great sermon given by a very passionate FEMALE pastor. She’s phenomenal. Talked about losing all the control on our life... handing them over to God. This is one of the stories she used to illustrate:
A little girl sitting in the first-class section of an airplane, coloring. A bunch of businessmen in suits make their way on-board and get settled. During take off, the captain says the plane is about to hit some serious turbulence, and commands everyone to tighten their seatbelts and brace themselves. The cabin begins to rock back and forth. The businessmen are visibly frightened, hanging on for dear life... Some of them begin to pray... others breaking out their rosaries. Luckily, the plane lands without incident. Everyone is relieved and surprised. Throughout the ENTIRE flight, the girl did not show any signs of panic. She colored and played with her crayons, not even looking up. One of the businessmen is curious and asks her, "Why were you so calm through that scary experience?" The little girl looked up at him and said, "My daddy’s the pilot, and I KNOW he’s taking me home."

That anecdote actually opened my eyes to my relationship with Jesus. I don’t need to panic or lose hope, because I know he’s in control. He’s taking us home. So I’m not worried.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home