Fabulous Females

That's what this site is for: a place to gather all of the ideas and observations of real women living out the drama of single life in a world of "hooking up" and "putting out." If you'd like to become a poster, just give us your email address in a comment so we can invite you in! This is a non-discriminatory place to air out your feelings, so please be constructive! We also welcome men to post insight, comments, and advice on today's culture between males and females.

Friday, April 28, 2006

presentando...

While y'all are still debating the fate of this blog, and I have taken the liberty to inflict my not-so-humble opinions on many your entries, I'll take this time to introduce myself and join the verbal fray. To protect the innocent :), I have changed my display name to "la persona" ... "persona" representing my public self and "la" being a word that I attach to almost everything. In any case, many of you know who do know who I am and for those of you who don't, run! No, just kidding. Here's what you need to know: I am 22/F/proud resident of the great state of Ohio and future resident of Latin America come this fall (I'm something like 1/8 Hispanic -- barely a drop! -- but I'm milking it for all it's worth, so please pardon the occasional gringa Spanish). And single, of course. More importantly, it seems that I represent a mostly silent minority of the ff readership: those of us who grew up in less-than-functional homes and who must wrestle every day with the so-called "sleeper effect" of the lingering consequences of poor prior relationships on our current ones. That is to say, my thoughts are for the beat-up, messed-up, mixed-up, undone, and yet born-again believers who still cling to the hope that with God, all things are possible. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wonders whether maybe real change must come from within. Personally, for as much as I romanticize the perfect relationship, I'm beginning to realize that maybe I'm the one at fault when it doesn't work out. Without much prayer and reflection, generational sins have a stubborn way of repeating themselves in our lives. But I truly believe that when we understand these patterns in Christ, we no longer must be bound by them. This is what I hope to write more about.

So while as I make my debut post today, I may still be messed up, but I have a lingering suspicion that I am not alone. For in a way, aren't we all messed up to some degree? Is anyone with me or am I totally off base? I'll guess I'll just have to wait and see...

More to come... ¡hasta luego, chicas!

7 Comments:

  • At 8:07 PM, April 28, 2006, Blogger David said…

    Hey, welcome. Even though I'm not a chica.

    Remember, its the beat-up, messed-up, mixed-up, undone people that really *got* Christ when he was on earth, and it was those on the margins that he was primarily concerned with. So yeah, you're in a bad place. But that's a good place to be, in a way. Its like Sam says near the end of LOTR - all the bad things will be undone.

    Vaya con Dios.

     
  • At 4:57 PM, April 30, 2006, Blogger la persona said…

    It's apparent you're a very gracious person, David. Muchas gracias por la bienvenida :)

     
  • At 11:14 PM, April 30, 2006, Blogger Jennifer said…

    Joey, today at church my Pastor told a story. About a man who received Jesus Christ and simply said, "I used to be a mess. Now I'm a messenger." The pastor said as an afterthought... "I've been a messenger for 32 years, but am a complete mess at times." It's ok to be a mess, that's how we know we're human.

     
  • At 6:44 AM, May 01, 2006, Blogger la persona said…

    Just goes to show how I take 100 words to say what could be said in 10. That quotation is awesome, Jennifer.

    BTW, on a personal note, M.H. was in town this weekend and I had the pleasure of "hanging out" with the infamous Cory, Emmett, Jordan, and some others this weekend. They were all uncommonly polite, although I must say eastern European politics isn't really my "bit." Made me think of your former post, though. Strange actually meeting someone that you're first read about online.

     
  • At 7:35 PM, May 01, 2006, Blogger Jennifer said…

    I <3 M.H. and Cory, Emmett & Jordan!!!

     
  • At 8:43 AM, May 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to be "infamous":) (and thanks, Jen!)

    It was great to meet another wonderful member of the GCC class of '04. Have fun in Boston!

     
  • At 10:20 AM, May 03, 2006, Blogger la persona said…

    Ok, maybe "infamous" isn't quite the word I was looking for... "famous" perhaps would have been a better choice ... but the former word is so much fun to say :)

    I had such a good time on Saturday! Thanks for being such a good sport, what with lending me your other for the evening and your ears for my quasi-intimate rants (not sure you had much of a choice, but thanks for playing along anyhow!) Like I said, I really enjoyed myself. My only regret is that you all couldn't stay longer.

    Well, now I know that you're one of the heretofore silent readership of this blog, I had better be extra careful about what I write! Then again, I usually write it anyhow. However, my sincere apologies for misspelling your name.

    Do let me know if you're ever in the area again and best wishes in Ukr.! прощание!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home