Fabulous Females

That's what this site is for: a place to gather all of the ideas and observations of real women living out the drama of single life in a world of "hooking up" and "putting out." If you'd like to become a poster, just give us your email address in a comment so we can invite you in! This is a non-discriminatory place to air out your feelings, so please be constructive! We also welcome men to post insight, comments, and advice on today's culture between males and females.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

A Craigslist Adventure

Partly inspired by our fellow poster UrgentSound I posted a Craigslist ad today. (did you ever meet up with any of your responders by the way?) I've posted once or twice over the last 4 years, and nothing has ever come of it. A few emails, a cup of coffee once, but that's it. Single Christian women don't make up a large percentage of people browsing CL :)

I went a little nuts on the format this time...tried to stay away from laundry lists and cliche. Who knows - maybe I'll meet an interesting person.

The Post

6 Comments:

  • At 7:02 AM, March 26, 2007, Blogger Marianne said…

    Okay, that was hilarious!
    I didn't know you were in Chicago! At the risk of receiving a David-esque rejection, I will offer you an invite to hang with myself and/or Sarah if you ever come to South Bend (because it's so...convenient to the city; or so they told me when I agreed to come to Our Lady of the Lake University).
    Best of luck with the She-Tigers!

     
  • At 8:18 AM, March 26, 2007, Blogger David said…

    We just can't let it die, can we? :)

    Seriously, though - if you can't catch a tiger with a CL post like that, I don't know how you can...

     
  • At 6:14 PM, March 27, 2007, Blogger Adam the V said…

    Marianne - I would definitely take you up on the offer of hanging out. You could show me the um...sights...of South Bend.

    David - Dude, I would so get a slice of pizza with you if you're in Chicago. I may not be as interesting as a She-Tiger, but I can throw a mean frisbee!

     
  • At 11:59 PM, March 27, 2007, Blogger Lesa said…

    Nice CL post. It was rather amusing.

     
  • At 8:12 AM, March 28, 2007, Blogger The Prufroquette said…

    Hey, South Bend may not rival Chicago's glorious skyline, but it has some charming and adorable spots. The Farmer's Market. The St. Joe River (if you can get past the distinct egg salad smell). Our neighborhood. And it's GORGEOUS in summer. Talk about fecund. It's like all the life that hides during the long, slow winters CRAMS itself into every spare inch of space. Fresh fruit -- lovely Lake Michigan beaches only forty-five minutes away -- the Dunes -- oh, it's fantastic.

    Anyway. There's a little something to see, if you want to look. :)

     
  • At 1:04 PM, April 01, 2007, Blogger none said…

    Sometimes, I go on craigslist w4m and do a search for "Christian" just out of curiosity. Today, that search pulled up your ad, which is really very funny. Have you had any good responses yet?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home