Fabulous Females

That's what this site is for: a place to gather all of the ideas and observations of real women living out the drama of single life in a world of "hooking up" and "putting out." If you'd like to become a poster, just give us your email address in a comment so we can invite you in! This is a non-discriminatory place to air out your feelings, so please be constructive! We also welcome men to post insight, comments, and advice on today's culture between males and females.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart... yes, down in my heart, yes... down in my heart (Sound familiar?)

For the past year or so, I’ve been grappling with the issue of what role joy is supposed to play in my life. Not only for me, but for all of you. I’m not like Susie-Crackhead. Sometimes I’m not happy-go-lucky. For the most part though, I feel blessed by what God’s given me. I can find something to smile/laugh about, and feel an inner happiness. The hope that comes from my relationship with Christ really does sustain.
With that in mind, I’m shocked at how many people I meet that just seem totally miserable. If they have that same hope and relationship, why are they lacking the joy part? Whether it’s the bitter girl who feels that life is unfair, or the dude at work that just never has anything positive to say.
Whenever my roommate and I would feel sorry for ourselves, we had a tradition. Calley would insist that she and I tick off a list of five positive things we’ve got going on. Surprisingly, it was quite an effective pick-me-up.
If Christians don’t feel and exhibit joy, it seems like a rather dismal living testament. Do you think it’s wrong not to seek out joy? Why do you think so many people just don’t have it? Off the top of my head, I can’t think of any applicable scripture. Please feel free to share if you have a verse or two.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:04 AM, January 15, 2006, Blogger Babba-Gi said…

    All those starving people in Africa are smileing while all these westerners are pissed off as the sit in thier BMW's. I have learned to be "content in any state". As long as it's west of the Mississippi; preferably Utah, Wyoming or New Mexico. It has to be the consumerism that bombards us and makes us feel deprived if we watch anything less than a 36 inch plasma HDTV.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home