Fabulous Females

That's what this site is for: a place to gather all of the ideas and observations of real women living out the drama of single life in a world of "hooking up" and "putting out." If you'd like to become a poster, just give us your email address in a comment so we can invite you in! This is a non-discriminatory place to air out your feelings, so please be constructive! We also welcome men to post insight, comments, and advice on today's culture between males and females.

Friday, May 26, 2006

broadsided

Okay, so this week has been wild.

Long story short: The end of this week will see me having had at least two dates with two different gentlemen (and THEY asked!).

The first one took place on Wednesday evening -- a man I know through business asked me to dinner, and I enjoyed five hours in his company. He's 35, from Pennsylvania, and closing on a house in June. He's funny, and considerate, and attractive, although a good four inches below my height. (But this always happens, so I'm not all that worried about it.)

A couple of considerations are that although a moderate believer, he's rather lapsed and inactive in the faith. The other thing is that he's up for more physical involvement than I am. But as my coworker Mary says, "You're young. Just have fun." So as long as he respects my boundaries and standards, it could be a lighthearted dating relationship. And if nothing works out, no big; we're both professional and I don't think our business relationship will suffer.

We'll see; he said he'd call me this weekend.

The other date takes place on Saturday over coffee. A delightful man that I met through MP at Notre Dame. And he is not lapsed or inactive in the faith, and is a complete gentleman.

THEN I might be having lunch soon with the head chef at one of the local events places. I met him at the tail-end of the auction, and he's incredibly good-looking and quite taken with me. (I just have to find out what his name is. Yes, it's ridiculous. I ran into him downtown the other day while participating in an event that benefitted the Center, and we had some good conversation, and as he left he said, "You should come over for lunch sometime." "I will," I said.)

I must be working the mojo this week. I have no idea how. But I'm managing to turn a lot of heads (even the ancient doctor who saw me this morning for my appointment), and although I've been dragging around with depression fatigue, I'm RACKING UP THE POINTS, LADIES!

I don't know how much more excitement I can stand. It's been a pleasant change from the usual, however. Oh, particularly since The Perfect Man is now seeing someone else. She's fabulous, and I certainly don't begrudge her. But I'd be in a lot more of a funk if so much of this other stuff weren't going on.

Woo-hoo!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:57 AM, May 26, 2006, Blogger none said…

    wow, girl, you're on a roll. I find that these kinds of things happen in waves. It's like men can sense when oher men are interested in you. Did you read the Single Minded column on christianitytoday.com this week? The author, who has been dateless for a long time, suddenly had 3 men interested in her at once. Why does it happen like that? Confidence?

     
  • At 1:05 PM, May 26, 2006, Blogger la persona said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1:07 PM, May 26, 2006, Blogger la persona said…

    And don't forget about Kevin. Remember, you can snag another 5 points if you can overlook the "slightly psycho" side of your neighbor Kevin and appreciate him for the eye candy that he is :-P. I mean, it's ridiculously obvious that he's totally into you too.

    But a small word to the wise: do be careful not to lead anyone on. Because that would just be mean.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home